Tuesday, February 2, 2010

We have been in Benson, AZ for 4 nights now. Today is Tuesday and we will be here till Friday. While here, we've done some geocaching. This one was in a very very old cemetery in Benson. We really enjoyed it, actually, and took lots of pictures and I'd love to go back and do some rubbings of the stones.

We use a handheld GPS and it took us to this area.



Chuck knew right away that that fence cap should not have a screw in it. So, wa la, there it was.



Chuck's been better at finding these things than I have but then I'm the one holding the GPS reading it and trying to figure out if we're even in the right area while he's looking and "finding".



This is the oldest cemetery in Benson and we couldn't believe it when we found many people died over 100 years ago!

This is me at the gate.



Look at this! DIED in 1896!!



I don't know if you can read this one.



I loved the wrought iron fences around many of the graves.



Chuck had a good time, too.



Another..........I hope you can read what it says. I can't!



We really enjoyed our day at the cemetery and from here we went to the VFW for a beer. The people were so friendly! We had a great time, had lunch and really good bloody mary's, too. Fun fun sunny day.

No comments:

Post a Comment