Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sunday, March 27, 2011

I found a post, see the date above, that I thought I posted but it didn't get posted because I needed to add photos and THAT didn't get done.  So here is the post from March 27th.
*****************************************************************************

Happy Belated Birthday to Randy!!  His birthday was the 26, I think it was.  Coming up is Tyler's 18th birthday on April 13th, and Jack's 37th birthday on the 27th!  (Since then Happy Birthday to Tyler, yesterday)

To catch up to-to-date, we left Rio Bend RV and Golf Resort on the 10th of March.  Boy, we felt bad bailing on them but we just couldn't do it any longer.  It was a definite learning experience for us.  We learned we are NOT workampers.  Such easy work but you have that "employee" feeling and that's what we retired away from.  What were we thinking?  At least I got a month of teaching Zumba experience under my belt.  That was the best part.

The park had a Mardi Gras parade and potluck but we really didn't attend.  The music was supplied by a DJ and CDs but wouldn't play anything anyone wanted and couldn't veer off from his line up for some reason.  We left when the polkas started.  I have to say the people were very friendly there at that park and for the most part we had a good time.  I think my last post had some pictures of the park.

I got to attend a Zumbathon at the Riverview Mall in El Centro.

The day we left was a hot day in the desert - 88 degrees but when we left it was a comfortable 73 degrees.

We headed for Silent Vally, CA up there in elevation about at the 3500 foot level.  The road up was really really scary!  Switchbacks on my side of the road for the most part and when they were on his, you know he sits on the opposite side so when he was on the outter lane he was still inside so wasn't looking over the canyon below.  There were guard rails, sure, but we sit up so high they wouldn't do you much good.  I was a nervous wreck and really hated it.

Silent Valley RV Park

Silent Valley RV Park

Trip up the mountain to Idyllwild, CA

Road up to Silent Valley
It really is a beautiful park but I didn't sleep to well knowing we had to make that scary trip down the mountain.  One day, in the car, we made a trip up farther to Idyllwild, CA and it was a really nice day.  Lots of little shops there and quite quaint.

The last day, so I didn't have to ride down that mountain with him, he drove me down the mountain to a Zumba class.  Then he went back up, hooked up the car and drove down.  I met him at the bottom after class.  Worked out really well and being in class took my mind off worrying about him driving that horrible road.












  

No comments:

Post a Comment