Thursday, October 29, 2009

October 29, 2009 Thursday

Changes changes changes - sort of - Chuck's last fulltime day at work is Friday, tomorrow, and then he'll go part time and be on-call so to speak, like before. It doesn't change our target date for leaving on Thanksgiving.

We've developed a small problem that is baffling even Chuck, who is an expert in this sort of thing. Our furnace it seems, is not made for this weather and not liking it anymore than we are. Guess it's a heat pump so should get that right. Anyway the temps drop into the 30s at night and it causes "no heat" syndrome and it gets a little bit chilly in here. If the room drops 5 degrees below the set temp, the gas will come on but 5 degrees below is 60 degrees! The poor heat pump is rebelling and wants to head south to warmer climes, too.

This morning it was a little chilly in here I got up about 10 am, so checked the thermostat and it was 65 degrees in here! I switched it over to gas till it warmed up in here and the furnace went off; hence being satisfied as they say in the industry. Then I switched it back to electric heat or the heat pump. Waa Laa the electric furnace kicked in and is now working and doing it's job again.

When it's sunny, not often here, this is Western Washington, I open things up and let the sun shine in. That really helps but we don't see the sun all that often around here. Not enough, anyway. This'll be the last week I'll be on my own during the day to keep this place running alone.

Rent is due so I will be giving notice. We only need to give a 2 week notice but will anyway.

Today we have 29 days till we leave. My laptop is still being worked on. This will be it's third keyboard. One more time and they said they'll just replace the laptop. But the next failure has to happen before April 20th, 2010 while it's still under warranty. I just can't wait to get it back. I miss my games, my connection to the outside world on a daily basis; minute by minute, basis.

That's it for this time. Back to my creative plan to design more "stuff". Check my other blogs to see what I've been up to and what's been keeping me busy.

www.knitandcrochetpatternchat.blogspot.com
www.artsandcraftsdotcom.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy,

    I understand the heat pump problems. We've had a few of those ourselves. Seems like something always need fixing.

    Best Wishes,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete