Sunday, March 23, 2014

Rio Bend RV Park El Centro, CA

Well, things cooled down and we decided to go back to Rio Bend RV Park.

We arrived back early February and got right back into the routines we had before except with Steve's permission, Chuck got to work basically alone.  The problems he encountered made us miserable the first time here.  And my Zumba class resumed.  The ladies begged Steve, the manager, to get me back.  They missed the class so much.

So in February, there was the Valentine's Dinner which was fun and lots of the usual activities like ping pong, pickle ball, shuffleboard, exercise class in the pool, just to mention a few.

March has been a hoot!  Starting with Mardis Gras and the parade, which the Zumba class and I participated in.  There's pub night with music almost every Saturday night and every Friday is the fish fry.  The 15th was the NAF Air Show with the Blue Angels flying over the park, the 16th a fabulous pool party under the new portico.  A good time spent with many of our dear friends that we met this year.  Of course, the St. Patty's Day dinner was great again.  The corned beef being awesome!  Yesterday we had a farewell dinner and luau at the Ramada where we were allowed to BYOB.  It was free and they came out in droves!  Many didn't get any food as they ran out.  Not a good thing but Julia did her best to estimate how many would participate.  When you say FREE to a senior, they'll be there!  Bet there were close to 200 people.

This next week will be my last Zumba fitness class on Tuesday.  There'll be a last park update meeting on Monday, last fish fry on Friday.  We hope to leave on Thursday.

On the street where we lived

Our motor home middle left beyond the parkmodel home

Our football Sunday with friends

Football Sunday with friends Rich and Bren

Bren and Chuck

one of the beautiful sunsets here in El Centro.  Across the way, those mountains is Mexico
These last few days, I've been busy making jewelry, learning some new techniques and getting that done since I can't bead on the road.  I did put together a 750 piece puzzle called Impossibles; which it seemed to be but I accomplished it.  It had no border pieces, extra pieces thrown in and little fish all the same but different sizes swimming every which way.  A puzzle of 750 can usually be done in a few hours for me but this one took 10 days!  Glad that's done.

Chuck has been working on lighting for the pickle ball courts and is hoping he can finish it all up before we leave.  From here we head north up through Utah stopping near Salt Lake City, to get a new AC unit put on the roof.  It's expensive but much needed.  From there, we'll be heading to the Seattle area.

This year, I have my usual follow-up appointments with my family practitioner, oncologist and mammograms.  Chuck is having a hip replacement we hoping sometime in May and not much later.  We hear it's a fairly easy surgery to recuperate from having had.  We sure hope so.  After seeing the kids and grandkids, we hope to spend some time at the ocean this summer where it's a bit cooler.

So this should bring you up-to-date.