Thursday, May 14, 2015


The beautiful pool!  I love it!

We're had a wonderful wonderful winter in El Centro at the Rio Bend RV and Golf resort! We participated in so many fun activities and functions since we arrived on Halloween day in October.  The weather was glorious, with a few days of rain, but mostly warm sunny throughout the months since then. Evenings get cool but then it was winter, you know.

Just one of our beautiful sunsets

Zumba class went ok. There were about 9 ladies and one gentleman that attended, some coming and going and new ones almost every class because people would come into the park, stay awhile and then leave. What a fun way to meet and enjoy your friends. We have a wonderful time on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings dancing outside under the portico.  I received lots of compliments and gifts from my ladies when we ended at the end of the season.


Chuck was super busy during the winter, and still is, helping out with all the projects that popped up in the park last summer. He seems to love being so awfully needed and does a great job doing what he's doing. They installed 15 towers, I think they're called, for internet connection in the park and he did it in just one month. He had help but all 15 holes were dug, posts set and they were readied for Tengo Internet to come in and hook everything up. I swear he spent more time at Home Depot than he did at home.



                          This is the bar. See me?

I played ping pong, helping the activities department with all the functions like bingo, decorating the clubhouse/cafe/portico, meetings, dances, pub night, welcome back party, pool party, Veterans Day Celebration, Thanksgiving dinner, craft sale and so much more. I  even attended the water aerobics on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. The days I did't have Zumba. I also played cribbage on Wednesday nights and helped and/or played bingo on Monday nights.  When I wasn't playing, I was the "caller".


 They never did start bocce ball because there just wasn't enough interest.  I pouted a bit about that.  I tried  to get out there early in the morning for pickle ball. I'd have to skip a water aerobics one morning to do so but it's great exercise and worth it, but I really never made it.  Just too early in the morning for me.


After the holidays, I added a Saturday Zumba class and all it did was make the class smaller with a choice of three days a week. Many returned home for the holidays but returned in January and had to get try to build the habit again to come to class.  It wasn't as successful as I wanted.



Our motor home at site #293

If you get down to southern CA, please stop by.  El Centro isn't that far from San Diego or LA.

Kathy  (sorry the pics are so big.  I'll do better next time.

(¯`v´¯) 
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•:*¨¨*:•..•:*¨¨*:•..•:*¨¨*:•..•...
┊  ┊  ☆ 
┊  ★

No comments:

Post a Comment